Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I've Had My Cake...



"Listen, this is my town"

In 5 hours I’ll be on the road towards sunny warm and fuzzy California! Just to update you all, my driving buddy is my dad. It will be a fun trip filled with a lot of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Aerosmith etc etc. I spent the past 3 hours packing. I took a lot of breaks and just stared at all my clothes and things thinking “how am I going to do this??” but it happened.


STILL munching on Milkduds and will definitely take them on the road with me!

I’ve really enjoyed my last week at home, A friend of mine came to Chicago to visit me before I leave and never see her again for 4 months. It’s all very dramatic leaving your best friend on the other end of the continent. If there is one thing I want to do before leaving the Midwest and East coast, it’s spend time with my best friend from school. We have had so much fun in the past 5 days, lost a lot of sleep and drove all around the city of Chicago! I miss you already and you’re sitting right next to me.


finishing off my time in Chicago with these clowns


Well here is a rundown of how I think my day will start off tomorrow…

Wake up at the crack of dawn, get clean, make hot chocolate for my car mug, let my dad take the first string of driving while I snuggle up with my monkey stuffed animal in the passenger seat and enjoy the ride, or sleep! I’m still in denial that I’m leaving tomorrow, maybe my 5am wakeup call will help make it more real.


Anyway, here are some of the things that will occupy me on the car ride

My ipod

magazines

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets book

My camera

And My Olive Garden $25 gift card! (whoo, looks like I know what’s for dinner)


View of the sunset from the Sears Tower Skydeck! Hype

I’d like to take this time now to thank everyone who has wished me the best of luck and has been so supportive of me. I will make sure I stay as safe as I can, but I will NOT wear a helmet people!

Exciting times are near!

Expect more interesting blogs this week… and tomorrow!

<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment