Friday, January 14, 2011

Don't Stop Me Now

view from our window

So! As I previously stated, we went to see George Lopez Tuesday night. It was really exciting except we waited in lines for a really long time. Once we got in we were seated in the second row which was awesome. I claim it’s because I was wearing a really bright sweater that probably looked really good on TV. We were really close to George and some of the crew which was really cool. The guests he had on the show were Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Mary Lynn Rajskub. The only bad part about sitting so close to the stage is that we had to look like we were in utter amazement at everything that was happening… fake laughing, clapping so much your arms and hands hurt, yelling, fist thrusting, etc etc..

Unfortunately it’s against the rules to take pictures at these events, but take our word for it, we were definitely there.


Another epic thing happened Tuesday night. Not only were we in the audience of a late night television AND on TV, but after we left the taping we swung around to the nearest In N Out we could find. It probably would have been a better experience if we weren’t starving and didn’t inhale all our food, then get stomach aches, but I did enjoy it and BONUS, I ordered off the secret menu like a true California native.


We also went to see The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Thursday, BUT in between these events, on Wednesday we had orientation. Pretty standard stuff, got to hang out with almost all the other interns. The most exciting part of orientation was getting our long awaited FlipCams….Now I knew applying for the internship that if I were excepted I would receive a FlipCam. Once I was excepted I was pretty much the only one to remember we would be receiving these beautiful new toys! Weeks went by and I though…”where’s my FlipCam people?” Luckily, our mentor passed out the VERY existent FlipCams! We were all really excited it wasn’t just a ploy, so here is a fun video we took using our new FlipCams. We also went to Yogurt Land for some nom nomy frozen yogurt and our new friend/ intern participator Katy came along while our other new friend and Intern, Alex went to buy us a DVD player to use for the semester. Yay!


FlipCam excitement

Here's a link if you have a hard time viewing it!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvzJmiPjoWM


Anyway, back to Jay Leno, his guest stars were Cameron Diaz and Eric Stonestreet (from Modern Family <3) We were in and then we were out! It was a great and less stressful experience because Shannon and I were sitting in the back row and didn’t have to pretend we were having the most amazing epic time of our lives. So it was definitely more fun to sit and watch.

Anyway, still securing internships.. I’ll be taking on 2 sites this semester, which is really great experience, and those will be starting later next week. So I’m still just hanging out in LA and have a bunch of free time. What should I do??

<3>

1 comment:

  1. Cwik, I am so jealous that you are in LA right now. I've been creeping/reading your blog and hating my life. But I can't believe you would attend a taping of Jay Leno's show after what he did to Conan. I am disappointed.

    But seriously, good luck out there

    Love,
    Lenks and her bacteria

    ReplyDelete