Thursday, January 6, 2011

Who Shuts Down A Highway??

St. Louis Arch -IL

First day on the road was pretty good, I saw my first hitch hiker ever in Missouri!

We drove from Illinois, through Missouri and into Oklahoma. We’re stopped in Oklahoma City for the night and will start up again early tomorrow morning. I’m just glad we didn’t drive through Iowa, I probably would have yelled a few profanities for a personal grudge against Iowa. But all in all, it wasn’t so bad driving today.


On our way I spotted many billboards for Jesus and Politics, we also found a lot of billboards for Fantastic Caverns, whatever those were, we passed that opportunity and a precious moments museum up. I drove 4 hours today between 10am and 2pm, about 275 miles all on the same road, with no real special view. Luckily I had a couple CD’s to keep me energized. We each took 4 hours, but my dad took the first 4 and the last 4 so he’s pretty wiped out.


Oklahoma! Whooo

Probably the most exciting and interesting part of our day is when they shut down a highway (I-44 West) for a good couple of miles in Oklahoma because a semi was on fire…good thing we avoided that one. (except it set us back about 45 minutes.)


A cool picture I took in Oklahoma

Tomorrow we’ll finish driving through Oklahoma, enter Texas for a while, hit up New Mexico for a very long time, then stop in Arizona for the night! I’m very excited about Arizona for no real reason except maybe that It’s a lot closer to California than Oklahoma is, and quite possibly more exciting. We’ll arrive in California Saturday afternoon, get me settled and then my dad will fly home back to Chicago and I’ll be on my own.




The other satisfying part of my day was the finish line flag on the GPS as we entered our hotel tonight… it’s truly the little things…

Nothing like a little finish line flag to feel like a winner!

I’m thinking of making a little video and compile some footage and pictures from the trip once I get to LA… so be on the lookout for that sometime after Sunday.

Tomorrow's another new and exciting adventure!

<3 Caity

No comments:

Post a Comment