Friday, January 7, 2011

Don't Worry Guys, I Found All The Birds

Our route!
click on the pictures for a larger view, all pictures taken by me and my dad of course

Day 2 down!
We’re in Flagstaff Arizona which has an elevation of 6,910 ft (2,106m) which is more then 4 ½ Sears Towers I guess. The day started off on time at 6am!

Texas
Dad drove till 9:30am, stopping in Texas then I took over for a whopping 6 ½ hours, feelin’ like a champion, thanks to the magic of cruise control (which was the first time I’ve ever gotten to use it), Monster Energy drinks, and some great music. I drove through the rest of Texas, then conquered pretty much all of New Mexico which was A DRIIIVE!

Lovin' the peppers!

New Mexico!
Dad took over for the last 2 ½ hours of our drive taking us to Flagstaff Arizona! (MST)

Lots of exciting things happened today on the road. For one, It was definitely more scenic than yesterdays drive. I saw rolling tumbleweed, how cool is that? I was definitely WAY too excited. Then we saw a series of road kill including two deer, a skunk, raccoon, and a coyote, they’re in a better place!

Arizona, I missed the sign for Arizona because I was on the phone with my mom because....


I received an interesting call from my mom today telling me the bank left a message at the house due to some mysterious charges… Clearly Bank of America is not reading my blog. I had to call and verify my entire life and then let them know that I was taking the semester in California. I’m sure I have put the bank through a lot with all my traveling in the past 2 ½ years.


Arizona Mountains!


SO CLOSE!

We’re about 6 ½ hours from LA and with the time change we will most likely arrive sometime between 11:30 am and 12:15pm (PST) at my apartment. I’m extremely excited, as soon as we enter California I will be playing every song known to man about California or that has the word California in it.


Yes hotel!

I can’t believe we are soooooo close. This has been such a great experience to drive to LA and see so much even if it all looked the same for a long time.


I can’t wait to get there tomorrow and blog all about my new place and neighborhood.

The end is near

<3 Caity

No comments:

Post a Comment