Monday, January 24, 2011

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego"



So besides the fact that I had my first day last Thursday

This weekend I was invited by my roommate to take a trip to San Diego to visit her sisters!

Saturday we went to the San Diego Zoo which I’ve heard is one of the largest and most progressive zoo’s in the world. It was so much fun! Most of the animals were really friendly so I took a bazillion pictures.


Lounging
Exhausted
Elephants
Meerkats
"Pink Shlamingo!"
Can't be bothered

Later on we hit up Old Town San Diego, which is considered the "birthplace" of California. San Diego is the site of the first permanent Spanish settlement in California. We stopped for appetizers and drinks at this Mexican place, then walked around until dinner which was sushi! Delicious delicious sushi! We finished the night back at home watching Indiana Jones 1 & 2.



Sunday we headed out to El Coronado with the dog, a massive Great Dane named Nantucket. We spent a fair amount of time outside walking and enjoying the warm weather, took the dog to the dog beach for a while and then headed home for the football games.

As exciting as that may seem…..I was reading my Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets book



So the weekend was a success and the best part is it’s a really nice getaway when I start to get rid of the city and want a homier vibe.

The worst part of the weekend was that I realized from now on I will only get to see the light of day from Friday-Sunday. I wish I could just be in the sun all day everyday.

<3 Caity

2 comments:

  1. Love the Pink Flamingo (Shlmingo) reference. San Diego appears to be the shit. No long joy rides though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see a pic of Nantucket!
    Looks fabulous out there. Wish I were with you.

    ReplyDelete