Sunday, March 6, 2011

Accomplished With A Sliver of Patience

Shannon's Pasta!

This week has been another crazy week in Los Angeles, but before I tell you about my week, I have to post a picture from last week. This is the Pasta Shannon made last Sunday and It was delicious!!!


So, this week my good friend Tom came to visit! Since he’s been here there have been many visits to our favorite hot spot, The Farmers Market. He’s also had a few meetings at Fox so I got to drive by the Fox studios and see a sliver of the grounds.


Thursday night I went to a screening of the new movie Friends With Benefits. One of my co-workers at Sony did the Music Supervising for the film so I was invited to go see it before it’s been released. It was a very good movie, I laughed the entire time it was soooo funny. I recommend it to anyone around my age... or anyone older who’s into that kind of film.


Friday my little group went to see the new Matt Damon movie The Adjustment Bureau.

Saturday Shannon, Tom and I took a drive into Santa Monica and walked along the beach and the Santa Monica pier amusement park. We had beautiful weather, Shannon and I even got some color on our cheeks! Afterward we went to the promenade, walked around and had a tasty Italian lunch.


Pier
Pacific Ocean

One of my co-workers at Sony is a Curator and invited me to an art gallery showing Saturday night. So I invited Tom, Elliot and Shannon to come with me! It was nice to get out and see some art and casually mingle with people! Shannon, Elliot and I are definitely going to go back next month.


Welcome to Calabasas!

Sunday Tom had a meeting with a guy in Calabasas CA, which is about 40-45 minutes outside Los Angeles. After we dropped him off, Shannon and I headed to get coffee and walk around Calabasas for a while. We found “Dash”!!! Dash is the clothing store that the Kardashians own and operate. We were very proud of ourselves for finding the store, even though we knew it was closed on Sundays.


DASH!!!

Driving from Calabasas to Malibu! Amazing view!

After we picked Tom up we headed toward Malibu to grab a bite. We went to this place called Dukes and ate the lovely buffet and enjoyed the ocean view from our table.


The view from our table at lunch!

Tonight instead of preparing a meal at home like we usually do Sunday nights, we’re going out to Barney’s Beanery, which I’ve heard is known for having good chili! I’m sure it’ll be a lovely place and can’t wait to see it.


So as you can see, another busy week for me in California! It’s nice that I’m being invited to events outside of work!

Friday my mom’s coming to visit me for spring break! We’ve got lots planned so I’m very excited!

Hope everyone had a good week, looks like the weather in Chicago is going to be close to the 50’s this week!


<3 Caity


.

No comments:

Post a Comment