Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No Music, No Lights, Free Service!

Yikes!!

Sorry I haven’t blogged in a while, I’ve been in the weirdest mood for the past couple days. Yesterday I woke up wanting to design a room and lately I’ve been pondering questions like “can the coffee burn?” and “where are all the bobby pins?” I'm literally losing my mind for no reason!


I sit here in Starbucks writing this blog post when I know there are other things I should be doing, like Writing my 7 page paper for sociology, reading and preparing a presentation for homework, or trying to figure out what classes I’m taking next semester. Being 20 is hard… correction, being almost 21 is hard.


Anyway, on with it…

Starbucks no more :(

Saturday Elliot and I had a very fun and time-consuming homework assignment for… you guessed it, Sociology!

We had to drive from one end of Sunset Blvd. (by the beach), all the way to East LA. There were good parts…. Oh and there were interesting parts… but mostly, we couldn’t believe how beautiful some of the neighborhoods, landscapes, and homes were in Bel Air, Palisades, and Beverly Hills


Our first stop was Palisades, mainly because there was a Starbucks there, and we needed our morning coffee. Unfortunately, minutes before we arrived in Palisades there was some sort of explosion at the electric building and most of the town lost power…. Upside, free coffee and scone, downside, everyone was closing up shop. Elliot and I decided to take a look around anyway, and I’m glad we did because we had quite an experience. We were just walking out of a cute cupcake shop when Elliot spotted an Escalade… not just an Escalade, but a Hybrid Escalade! We ooh’d and ahh’d for a moment then I said “well look at the guy inside the car, he’s smoking a cigar on the phone” …Then Elliot says “Uhhh Caity, that’s Adam Sandler


Adam in all his glory - We didn't want to ask for a picture, instead I took a stalker type one - Normal

HAAAAA to my amazement, it totally was. He then got out of the car, said Hi, and we had a small conversation as he was approaching the cupcake shop “It’s Cupcake time!!”

So it was a fun start to our day!


We then drove through various elaborate neighborhoods in Bel Air and Beverly Hills

“I bet this one’s Meryl’s house” is all Elliot could say about every house we saw!


My House, obvs

Next stop through the Sunset Strip, we had lunch at The Counter, you can “build/create” your own burger there! We talked with the waitress about our assignment and she was very helpful!


My Buuuuurger

Last stop was in Echo Park, Elliot called it an up and coming neighborhood, and I don’t even know what I call it. It seemed a bit run down and graffiti-ed, it was primarily a Hispanic neighborhood with some signs in Spanish. It also had some really cool book shops, coffee houses and cool resale shops. Seems like an alright college hangout. I didn’t feel unsafe there, it just wasn’t Beverly Hills.

It took 4 hours to drive, observe and stop 3 times, and by the end Elliot and I were utterly exhausted but satisfied.


I wish there was a way you could see me right now, I’m drinking my coffee with two hands because last week my boss spilled coffee on her computer and it wasn’t pretty. Also, It must be said that I've totally been on a Shania Twain kick today!


In the words of Shania "She's a soldier, She's a wife, She's a Surgeon, She'll save your life"

Enjoy your week!

<3 Caity


.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you used Elliott's car, ha-ha. Canteen Boy having Cupcake Time. Call you later tonight.

    ReplyDelete