Thursday, March 17, 2011

Your Tummy On Vacation


Sorry I’ve taken a bit of a blogging hiatus, I’ve been super busy lately and also enjoying my spring break!!!


Where to begin? Well Friday I picked up my mom from the airport and we headed out with Shannon to Mario Batali’s Pizzeria, Mozza. It was so so so delicious, maybe because I was starving. Luckily I stopped myself from devouring everything and took some pictures.




Saturday morning the three of us went out to breakfast at The Griddle Café. It was amazing! I ordered the Red Velvet Pancake with cream cheese frosting, which was basically cake. It was one massive pancake the size of the plate. Shannon got banana pancakes, 3 large pancakes that took over her plate. We had enough food on our table to feed a small country; needless to say, we have leftovers in the fridge.


Velvet Pancake

Our Meal

Later that afternoon we headed over to the Grove and Farmers Market to walk off our breakfast, do some shopping and grab a bite of lunch.


some kind of cheese plate

Saturday was our busiest day; I was invited to a potluck BBQ, so mom and Shannon came along! The BBQ was a welcoming party for Scott Mellis, the artist we went to see at Hotel Café. We forced him into playing a little private show for us and then sang a little backup. It was so much fun we didn’t want to leave.

We ended the night by picking up Elliot from work, heading back to Mozza for another delicious Dinner, and then heading out to do some karaoke.


My Egg potato Pizza!

We met Joe Bastianich, a food network guy, an actress from the TV series Greek, and an MTV Real World cast mate all in one night. Not too bad ehh?


More blogging about spring break tomorrow!

<3 Caity


.

No comments:

Post a Comment