Monday, December 27, 2010

Ain't Cha Never Seen A Western?


Here I am, 20 years old and ready to take another town by storm. I’m heading west to California for an internship program with my school, Berklee College of Music. The goals:

  1. Get there alive
  2. Enjoy living west
  3. Dominate my internship
  4. Get offered a job
  5. Make my stay permanent

So I said so long to my apartment in Boston, which is being sublet for the semester by two guys, packed everything I own in boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes and headed home for the holidays!


bye bye Boston

I’ll be road-tripping to LA, my first real road trip ever and I have to say I’m a bit too excited. (getting the mix CD playlists ready) I only have 11 days of Mid-western winter left until I can get my tan on in January in sunny California. (Well I’m sure it won’t be tanning weather, but I know there won’t be snow!)


Right now I’m preparing by applying to different internships out there. I’m going for Music Supervision. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s basically the people who pick the songs on TV and movie soundtracks. Cool right? Though at school I am more of a Songwriting major, I really would love to make a career out of Music Supervision while still being able to enjoy writing for myself and maybe someday for others.


I have a great feeling about 2011, my theme is “Onward” out with the old, in with the new. I’m not looking back, I’m only moving forward from here on out.

I’ll be documenting my trip and semester in LA for the next four months so you can take this adventure with me. I also may have a road-trip partner in crime in the passenger seat to keep me company and make things even more interesting than they would usually be. Details about that when ‘said’ side kick is confirmed.

And so the countdown begins, 11 days till take off, then about 32-35 hours in the car until I’m in sunny California! Can’t wait!

<3>

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing and I'm looking forward to it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed our voyage. Knock them out in LA.


    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was George Lopez?

    ReplyDelete